January 28, 2015 – Happy Hump Day!
Last Wednesday I attended the first of several workshops for the upcoming GIVE LOCAL PIEDMONT campaign
that we have been invited and accepted to participate in. EXCITING
STUFF! So – what seems to be the BIGGEST thing talked about?
- Have a website with a BLOG
- First Blog of the week goes out on Tuesday at 10am – (guess I’m a day late, huh– I got too busy yesterday!)
- 3 Blogs a week — WOW, REALLY?
- BLOG: People like pictures of puppies and babies
- FACEBOOK is not dead!!
- BLOG: Grow your audience – Regularly post/publish a Blog with short, compelling content
- BLOG: People like bullet points (hence the bullet points) HA!
- Best dashboard to use — Sprout Social
- Manage your own website — WordPress is a good tool and easy to use
- Use Linkedin for organizations
- Re-Tweet major news events (but your content must be relevant and "sensitive” to the news content (engage your tweet)
- Boost "content that is fun and interesting,” especially content that had a high level of likes on FB
KEY FACTS on BLOGGING —
- Neither a press release nor a full page ad in the New York Times
will boost your search engine rating as much as a regularly updated
- The shortest, cheapest, fastest and easiest route to a prominent GOOGLE ranking is to Blog often.
- Brands most engaged in social media saw their revenue grow by 18%
- While the ones least engaged saw a loss of 6%
Have a great day - Think Ecologically!!